- Hubby is preparing to do our taxes. I’m so ready to be done with them. Probably not getting as much back this year as we did last year but I’m ready for the thought of needing to do them to be off of our shoulders.
- Kiera has been screaming out randomly. Not sure what’s going on there. She also seems to be a spitter. Spits up a lot and has projectile vomited a few times as well. It’s just her thing, I guess. Her tummy seems fine though and she is pooping regularly now. Crossing my fingers we dodge the Reflux bullet this time around.
- I love going to bed at night knowing that I am going to wake up to a clean and tidy living room and a kitchen sink that is empty. I can’t make this happen every night but I sure try to do it as often as I can.
- Zoey was being so silly tonight and laughing uncontrollably when I would tickle her or pretend to blow raspberries into her armpits. Her laughter and smiles make me feel SO happy and carefree. They pretty much wash all of my worries or burdens away.
- I went to Target tonight solo. I actually put on my pre-pregnancy non-maternity jeans and a shirt and I felt AMAZING. I listened to the music loud in the car, I drove the non-kid-friendly car, I took my time looking at clothes. I had a magnificent time! By the time I was ready to check out though, my jeans were rubbing against my c-section incision and OW! I was happy to come home and get into something more comfortable and stretchy.
- Our swing’s batteries are already dying. They take 4 D batteries. Who invented this thing?! If I could walk into a store and steal anything I wanted without getting caught and without any moral implications, I would steal 4 D batteries. How sad is that?
- I put gas in our Toyota Echo, the non-kid-friendly vehicle I spoke of earlier, and oh. my. gosh. $25 to fill it up. A car that I’ve EASILY been able to fill on $10 in the past. Our CR-V needs gas really bad and now I am too scared to take it to the gas station.
- I’m ready for spring! Warm weather, playing outside, evening thunderstorms. Winter needs to GO AWAY now!
Well that is all for tonight. It’s time to get Kiera in bed and then get ourselves in bed. We stay up until 1 AM every night but I am faring pretty well so far. It’s amazing how much better I feel now that I am not pregnant anymore. Kiera’s pregnancy just sucked the life out of me. I think it was a combination of taking care of a toddler every day and also that her pregnancy was completely different than Zoey’s.
You may also like:
Let’s see.. what all has been going on lately…
- Allergic to solid deodorant (I usually use clear gel). Hives. Itchy, red, burning hives. All over my arms and arm pits and they have now moved down to my stomach. I got a prescription for a steroid pack and steroid cream. Just trying to stay sane but it’s difficult. Break out started Wednesday evening.
- Went out of town with my Mama and I took Zoey with me. Gene was away from her from Wednesday to Saturday. He was sad. We were sad. But we had a great Girl’s Only time! Zoey loooooooooves her grandma so much.
- Haven’t cooked much since we got back in town. Sooo bad. I finally cooked hamburger helper and mashed potatoes tonight. Not the best dinner but it was all I could muster before the CRAZY BURNING ITCHING started up again.
- We got a local cloth diaper store here and it opened today. We stopped in and it was so much fun! I loved looking at all of the stuff and instantly wished I was a bajillionaire so that I could afford all of the cute fluff!
- Went to have lunch with Gene after my doctor’s appointment this morning. Had a great time seeing him. Did I already mention how much Zoey and I missed him while we were gone? Oh and he gave the dog a bath and shampooed the carpets in the house while we were gone. He is amazzzzing!
- Starting to plan Zoey’s 1st birthday. Have no idea how it is already approaching. Is she really going to be 1 soon? She doesn’t eat much baby food anymore. Usually whatever we are eating! It is nice not having to buy baby food. It’ll be even nicer when we don’t have to buy formula anymore, too. She is drinking water out of a straw sippy cup these days. She really knows how to hold it and drink from it and I think it is so cute. She cracks me up on a daily basis. Love her to death!
You may also like:
So, I slacked off on writing something I’ve been thankful or every day this month. I don’t know if it counts but every night before I fall asleep I’ve thought of something I am thankful for. Things have just been busy lately. Here is a little list:
- We found Astro a new home. I miss my big baby but it just had to happen. He was depressed every since we brought Z home from the hospital and we just couldn’t afford to take care of him anymore. The new people love him so that makes me happy.
- Z has been learning how to pick up those little puffs to put in her mouth and eat. She is doing better and better every day. Wow, my little baby is eating real food!
- Emma is doing ok despite Astro being gone but has started rebelling my getting into the trash whenever we leave the house. Hoping she gets over it soon and stops with the bad behavior.
- Z has been a WONDERFUL baby! I really can’t complain. She is such a sweetheart. Loves to laugh and smile and play with toys.
- My back has sort of reverted back to it’s old ways over the weekend. I am trying to nurse it with 800mg Ibuprofen and ice and hoping it will get back to health. It hurts and makes it hard to take care of a wiggly little baby. Sick of being in pain!
- Going to start decorating for the upcoming Holidays.
- Been busy knitting scarves and hats for Christmas gifts. On a super tight budget this year and trying to do a lot of homemade gifts. Plus, homemade has a special touch to it that makes it so much more special than store bought.
You may also like:
A quick list before my little peanut wakes up.
- Grandpa’s funeral was beautiful. I finally got to grieve for him on Friday. Missing him a lot.
- Zoey had another screaming spell last night for a good 2-3 hours. It was rough. I’m taking her to the doctor today. We ended up giving her a suppository and she was able to go poop and feel better.
- We were out of town for an entire week and boy it feels good to be back home.
- It is emotionally exhausting having to clean out Grandma & Grandpa’s house. It’s like you’re throwing away or giving away so many memories. It’s hard not to take absolutely everything for the sole purpose of remembrance. It feels like closing a huge chapter of my life :(
- Going back there to pick up furniture in a couple of weeks.
- Gene and I are going to California to visit his parents the first week of September. I’m soo excited!
I’ll write more later. I wanna do a tribute to Grandpa. And I need to download pictures off of the camera. Just give me a week.. or two.. or a few months.
You may also like:
I can’t believe…
- That it’s MARCH! Where in the world did February go??
- That I am now 30 weeks pregnant. It feels like I can finally “see” the finish line. Like it is within’ reach.
- That we got the nursery painted! This is real!
- That my little sister is going to turn 18 in 8 days!
- That my little sister is graduating HIGH SCHOOL in May!
- That Gene and I are going to be parents soon. And my parents are going to be GRANDPARENTS.
- That we are quickly approaching our FIRST wedding anniversary! Has it already been a year?
- So many people are having babies this year. I’ve been to 3 baby showers since January and I know of a few people who are currently pregnant as well. Is the water tainted or what??
- That my Aunt (Mom’s sister) is due the day before me with her 3rd!
- That it has been almost 7 months since my Grandma passed away :( I miss her so much. And I am so sad she will never get to meet her great granddaughter.
- I only have about 2 1/2 months left of working! I am soo excited to be a stay at home mommy to take care of our little munchkin.
- We have our baby name list down to 3! We’re getting there.
Tonight we are going to Mom’s house for dinner and then going on a walk. After that? Who knows. Gene and I ordered a Hoover SteamVac online and I’m waiting for that to come in so I can shampoo the carpet in the nursery really well. I am going to wash down the baseboards and we need to put window film over the window in there (that window has awful insulation!). After that we can take these humongous boxes out of our living room and move the furniture in. I am sooo excited, I can’t wait to see all of that put together in her room!
Listen to me, “Her Room” ? This really is real, isn’t it? Sometimes I feel like I need to be pinched to even realize how real this is. And then the baby moves and I stop and wonder if it’s gas. And then I realize that it isn’t gas, it is in fact the baby moving. And yep, it is pretty darn real!
You may also like:
We were on our little vacation and things have been super busy around here. A quick run down of things:
- Gene’s MRI came back normal! Yay. Now he just learns to live with it? :|
- Vacation in Austin, TX was wonderful! I got a bunch of cloth diapers and the diaper bag I wanted.
- Baby only likes to kick when my bladder is full. I’ve only peed myself once from sneezing.
- We’re picking up our baby furniture tonight from Babies R Us.
- Hoping to start prepping the nursery for pain this weekend and then maybe get around to actually painting it next weekend sometime.
- Astro didn’t eat a bite of food the entire time we were gone (5 days). He’s eating again. Trying to plump him back up! Poor little guy gets so depressed when we leave him.
- We’ve narrowed our names list down to 10. Progress!
- A friend of mine had her baby on Wednesday and we went to see them last night. He is sooo adorable. I looove the newborn squishy face.
- Another friend is set to be induced on Tuesday. And my OBGYN is supposed to be induced on Wednesday.
- Going to see my perinatalogist on Monday for an ultrasound. We are sooo excited about seeing our baby girl again.
You may also like:
I’m too lazy to form sentences with proper punctuation and grammar so here is my random list of thoughts for the day:
- I really want this lingering head cold to go away for good. It’s draining into my sinuses and I cannot STAND sinus pain.
- Pregnancy related nausea isn’t near as bad as it was. It’s getting a little better as each day goes. The fatigue? Still there. VERY much still there.
- I’m really excited for the first REALLY cold night when we can use our fireplace.
- Oh and the Christmas tree! I have a new Christmas tree skirt and a new pre-lit tree!
- Oh, Oh! I have one of those air blown light up lawn ornament things of Winnie the Pooh! I can’t wait to use that this Christmas season as well. Oh yay for new Christmas decor that was bought on clearance from last season ;)
- Looking forward to seeing all of the adorable kiddos dressed up on Halloween this year. I just LOVE handing out candy and seeing all of their cute costumes.
- Going to start my Christmas shopping this month so that I can get it done well ahead of Christmas.
- Gene & I really need to buy a car this month! My car is a 2 door and his car is… well.. for lack of better terms… a piece of shit! We’re going to look at the Honda CR-V. I want one soooo bad!
- Anxious for my maternity pants to arrive. I ordered 2 pairs of jeans. I’m worried I got the wrong size and want to be able to order new ones in time for any more cold weather. I have none that really fit me right now.
- I got some decaff lipton black tea yesterday at the store and I’ve already had 2 glasses. It’s so warm and yummy. Especially on these gloomy days we’ve been having.
- Really anxious to find out the sex of the baby. It’s all I can seem to think about lately. We probably have until early to mid December before we can find out, but I am still anxious :)
- Excited for the upcoming holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. All great, warm family holidays.
- I may have said this before but I’m not sure if I did: I LOVE MY HUSBAND! He really is the greatest person in the universe. He does sooo much for me and takes the best care of me. He is my best friend :)
You may also like: