Some things that make my kid absolutely adorable….
- One of her new words is Buzz, as in Buzz Lightyear. It sounds more like “Buh!” but we know what she is talking about. You cannot walk through a store without her pointing and shouting “BUH!” left and right, noticing ALL of the Toy Story characters on every product imaginable. Candy, cereal boxes, melamine plate and bowl sets, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, bath towels, pajama sets.. The list goes on! Our entire grocery shopping trip at Wal*Mart is littered with “BUH!” and I think it is absolutely adorable!
- Some of her latest words: Bubbles (BuhBuh), Banana (Bah! or BahBah!), Buzz (Buh!), Shoes (Shhhh), Duck (Duck!), Dog (Dog!), No (No! or a whiney NooOoooOooo!), Ball (Ball!)
- I try to give her kisses and she always turns her head away. Sooo.. to entice her, I kissed Gene while he was holding her and she gave us such a huge bashful smile! THEN, she put her hand on the back of his head and her hand on my cheek and tried to push our heads together, hinting that she wanted us to kiss again. So we did.. and this repeated a million times. I finally told her I had enough Daddy kissies and wanted some Zoey kissies and she said “No!”… I tried!
- At any given time through the day, if I am walking around with flip flops, she will stop, bend down and start “tickling” my toes. I have to use my Amazing Motherhood Response Time Superpower to quickly summon a hysterical laughter as if I am being tickled death. She thinks this is hilarious stuff and always looks up at me and smiles.
- Zoey’s friend’s name is Emma.. and our dog’s name is Emma as well, so it is causing some confusion. The other day we were getting dressed to go meet Paulina and Emma for brunch and I said “Zoey, come get dressed so we can go see Emma!” and she immediately pointed to Emma (the dog) and said “Dog!”…
There is lots more but it is nearing 1 AM and I think it’s time to get my rearend in bed. I don’t know what it is about this pregnancy but I am staying up until 1 or 2 AM every night and paying for it dearly during the day. I need to get my sleep schedule back on track… Just in time for it to get royally messed up again, I know ;-)